Psalm 119 Day 14

Today is the first day of the Spring semester 2011.

Nun (Psalm 119:105-112)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

It is very obvious that I need my head lights when I drive at night. The world is dark without the word of God.

I need a lamp and light to see. Without the word of God I can only grope in the darkness. When I was groping in the darkness and empty, the word of God came to me and made me.

As I pray to grow as a servant of your word, help me to pray to you and ask your mercy daily.

As my brother Luther prayed, help me to pray:

O Father in heaven, dear God, I am poor unworthy sinner. I do not deserve to raise my eyes or hands toward you or to pray.

But because you have commanded us all to pray and have promised to hear us and through your dear Son Jesus Christ has taught us both how to pray and what to pray, I come to you in obedience to your word, trusting in your gracious promise. I pray in the name of my LORD Jesus Christ together with all your saints and Christians on earth as he taught us:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation.’”
Without your word, I do not even know how to pray and what to pray. I need your light daily and each moment.

Help me to dwell in your light and reflect your light. Your word is the light of the world.

No comments: