Psalm 119

Text: 119:144

Your statutes are forever right;
Give me understanding that I may live. (119:144)

Even if we know what is right, we cannot obey it.
We need God's understanding.

Living is more than knowing intellectually. It is to understand it and know it from our inmost being. God's word is forever.

We cannot live without it because he breathed into man and he became a living being.
Not only we must know what it says and agree with his validity, we need God's help to 'understand' it.

It has to become our DNA and fabric of life so that his word can take deeeeep roots in us.

Who we are?

We are deeper roots in Christ. We confess that we want to live apart from you all the time. You made heavens and the earth. Apart from you, there is no life. Help me to come to you daily and ask your mercy and give me understanding.

Thank you for giving us life by the law of God. The law kills but your Son came died in place of me. Not only he died but rose from the dead overcoming the power of death. Thus, he revealed God's wisdom, the true understanding of what it mean to live and breathe.

Give me your understanding through your Son's work.
Give me understanding that we are made in the image of God. God is living so we live with him.

No comments: