Psalm 119

I have strayed like a lost sheep.
Seek your servant,
for I have not forgotten your commands.
(119:176)

Praise:
God is my shepherd.
He is seeking me.

"Where are you, Sam?"
He is calling me daily.

After learning how good God's law is, the Psalmist concluded the Psalm with asking God's mercy.
Knowing and meditating God's law is good but we need more that instructions. We need God's mercy.

He has promised to seek us when we are lost.
This is God's promise to us and he always fulfills his promise. He is not a man but God. One guy said that he would pay his loan but his word is not trustworthy.

Most of the time he is helpless to do what is required of the law.
What is our solution?

It is knowing our good shepherd Jesus. For this I praise God. Praise God the LORD, all my soul.
I thank God for his promise.

I put my trust in his word.

Confession:
I am your servant.
I have this propensity to wander off because I am not that smart. I am your sheep.
Thank you for reminding me through your word.

I am your precious sheep.
Find me and help me.
Help me not to forget this.

Prayer
Dear Lord,

Thank you for Psalm 119. Your law is perfect. There is nothing wrong with your word. But I am having many issues. But you taught me to come back to you.
I am helpless without you.

Come find me and bring me to your fold. Help me to stretch out my hands to you and pray to you. Experience your saving grace daily through your Son's mercy.

In my prayer help me to praise you based on your word.

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits --
who forgives all your sin and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

How can our youth to be renewed? It is humanly impossible. I am getting old and I already see its effects daily. But your word and your mercy restores me daily since you made me in your image which is always young and dynamic.

This is only possible when I admit my helplessness and ask you to help me.

Seek your servant because I trust your word.


No comments: