Ash Wednesday

Create me a clean heart, O God,
and put a new and right spirit within me
. Psalm 51:10

HN reflects:
If there is no parent, we cannot be lost. If we have no parent to return to, there is no experience of being lost.

We are only lost when we can be found. Only in the light of goodness and forgiveness do we discover that we are lost.

The younger son, still apologizing, touches his lostness. The younger son prepares a story of apology because he does not fully understand the nature of his father's love.

Only when he is received, welcomed, and loved within this deep parental embrace is the depth of his lostness revealed to him.

Gracious Father, open me to recognize your thirst love me. Inspire me to love those who you have given me.


Create me a new heart to love those who do not know your Father's love. You are my father. I am your child always going stray.

Find me and teach me your love daily so that I can reflect your love for you. I know this in my head but help me so that my heart can be touched and my hands can move.

No comments: