Just return again

I Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity Psalm 51:2

HN comments:
Have a sense of compassion for your won journey, fro your won leaving: a sense of , "Yes, I am loved when I take a risk. I am loved even when I make a mistake because somehow, it is an expression my desire to claim myself. I did it in a wrong way, but I didn't have any other way to do it at that moment."
....
God is not sitting there laughing that you couldn't do it on your own and you finally had to confess you needed a parent's love. That's not the God who we are talking about. Our loving God is so much more caring. Our God awaits us with compassion and tenderness.

As we look at Lk 15 again, it is God the Father who is the main character who takes care of two lost brothers.

Look at how he treats them with compassion and tenderness.

God has the truth.
God speak us the truth in love.

God's speaking is not just mere talking. He is a good shepherd. At the same time, he is the careful and loving woman who searches the lost coin.

What is the Christian life?
It is acknowledging
I have strayed like a lost sheep.
Seek my servants
for I have not forgotten your commands. (Psalm 119:176)

It is knowing our lostness without our good shepherd and acknowledging our perpetual tendency to stray away from him.

Who will find us?
It is the Father who sent his son as a good shepherd and careful mother.
It is God who spoke through his servants and gave us the word of God.

As I study the Bible more and more, I can see my lostness more and more.
I can be lost in my desire to be an independent man from God like a younger brother.
I can be lost when I study the Bible and in the presence of my Father like an older brother.

I always thank my brother Jesus who always speaks me of my Father who will welcome me again and again.

His love endures forever.
So I can return to him again and again and again knowing his heart of welcoming me.


No comments: