From death to live _Lent meditation based on LK 15

Tues, First week of Lent

I sought the LORD, and he answered me... Psalm 34:4

HN comments:

The love of the father embraces not just he return of the son but also the leaving the child. That's really important: the whole movement of leaving and returning is a movement done under the loving eyes of the father.

The father does not say, "Don't go."

The spirit of the story is, "Yes, son, go and you might be painful. And you might lose your life, but I can't hold you from taking that risk. And when you come back, I am here for you, just as I am also here for you now."
The chemistry of the Bible is:
being Lost and be found by our Father thru his Son
Dead and alive thru the death and resurrection of our LORD Jesus

God is always there as a Father.
Whether you are leaving for staying or returning, he embraces us.
He answers and accepts us.

His intention is always the same. He always welcomes us when we return.

Jesus is one one who left the father and came back to the father because he knew the heart of our Father.

Jesus sought the Father and he answered him.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there:

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hadn will guide me;
your right hand will hold me fast. (Psalm 139)

I am always lost without you.

I have strayed like a lost sheep.
Seek your servant.
I have not forgotten your commands. (Psalm 119)

Thank you for teaching us that thru your son, I have hope. You always seek me and guides me even though I am not aware of you.

Forgive my proud heart and leaving you daily but search me and always enable me to come to you daily.

Thank you for your word that tells me who I am.

I am your precious son who always wonders here and there.
By your leaving the father and you searched me and found me.

Thank you for helping me to see you and learn of your unfailing love for me.

Gracious father, thank you for your son's leaving and coming to us.
Thank you for teaching us your heart.

You are always waiting for us to come.
You are always ready to welcome us.

I have hope because you are always there for us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In Phillip Yancey's book entitled "Prayer", he cites one passage where Nouwen was writing one of many dissertation tracts of some sort, and was called into his office closet to pray. He reports feeling as if this was a "waste of time" and having "so many other more important things on his mind." And yet, some gr8 Catholic meditations have come out of his obedience to prayer and catechism. -- Andrew Lamb